The File Manager is your website's storage to upload images and other documents you want to use throughout your website.
How to access the File Manager
- Log in as an admin to your LiveEdit website
- Click on the Dashboard icon within the LiveEdit toolbar
- Click on the File Manager link under Services
Upon visiting the File Manager for the first time, you'll be presented with a brief tour. You can choose to view the tour or proceed on your own. Please note that the tour can be started again at any time by clicking the rocket icon in the upper-right-hand corner.
How to upload a file
- Click on Upload File in the upper right-hand corner.
- Next, Either click on Add File to explore your computer's files or drag and drop your files to the dotted box.
- Once your file has been uploaded, you will see a success message. Once uploaded, feel free to add more files or click on Back to Files to view all your uploads.
How to create a folder
Folders are a great way to organize images by type or be used to display images with our Gallery Element
- Click on Add Folder
- Give the folder a new name and select a Parent Folder
How to delete a file
- Locate your file then click the checkbox
- Next, click on the Actions dropdown and select Move to Trash
- Once deleted, it will remain in the Trash where you can restore the file or Permanently Delete it.
Why did my file fail to upload?
If an image has failed to upload, a few different things may be happening:
- If the file is over 1GB in size, it will fail to upload. We recommend keeping all images below 1M and videos below 100MB.
- If the file name includes any special characters ( *, $, ( ), %, &, @ ) the image will fail to upload. Dashes ( - and _ ) are OK to use.