The Analytics Setup section allows you to add tracking codes from Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, and other third-party tracking codes throughout your website. Code snippets added within this section will appear on every page of your website.
In This Article:
- Google Analytics - Connecting an Existing Account - GA4
- Google Analytics - Creating a New Account - GA4
- Google Analytics - Connecting an Existing Legacy Account
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Ad Conversions
- Facebook Pixel
- Other Tracking Codes
Google Analytics - Connecting an Existing Account - GA4
If you have an existing Google Analytics GA4 account, paste your code snippet into the Universal Analytics Global Site Tag (GTAG.JS) box.
Google Analytics - Creating a New Account - GA4
If you need to create a Google Analytics Account, please follow these steps:
- Visit https://google.com/analytics and then click Get Started Today to create a free account. If you already have an existing Google account, feel free to log in with that.
- Go to the Admin section and select Create Account. Name your account and leave benchmarking, technical support, and account specialists checked. Click Next.
- Name your property (your business name is the best option). Select your time zone and currency. Click Next.
- This next section will not impact the analytics dashboard, but you may make selections for your Google Analytics account. Click Create.
Select the Web platform option. Enter your Website URL and Stream name. Click Create Stream.
Under Google Tag, select View Tag Instructions. Next, select Install Manually then copy the provided code snippet and then install it into the Universal Analytics Global Site Tag (GTAG.JS) box.
Google Analytics - Connecting an Existing Legacy Account
If you have an existing Google Analytics account and it's using a Universa Legacy Tracking ID (e.g. UA-12345678), paste your Site ID into the Google Analytics (Legacy) box.
Please Note: On July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will stop processing new hits. We recommend upgrading to a GA4.
Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager code snippet comes in two parts (<Head> and <Body>) and can be installed under the Google Tag Manager box.
Google Ad Conversions
We recommend setting up your Google Ad Conversion within a Google Tag Manager account and then installing Google Tag Manager under the Analytics Setup. This will give you greater flexibility to run the Ad Conversion code on specific pages compared to manually installing the code on each page. Google Ad Conversion Guide: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/6095821?hl=en
Facebook Pixel tracking code snippets can be installed within the Other Tracking Pixels box.
Please Note: Please make sure to copy/paste the entire code snippet Facebook provides.
Other Tracking Codes
If you have a tracking code from a different provider that needs to appear on every page, please install it within the Other Tracking Pixels box.