Content Areas are the core structure and layout of your website's content. Elements can be placed into Content Areas to add content, such as Text and Images:
In This Article:
- If no content is placed within a Content Area or no properties are set, it will not appear outside of Edit Mode for visitors to see.
- Content Areas can not be added, removed, or deleted through Edit Mode at this time.
Standard Content Areas
Global Content Areas
A Global Area is indicated by a bullseye icon. Content added to these areas will appear on every page the Content Area exists on. For example, Content Areas in the Header and Footer section are often Global Areas
Some Content Areas are wrapped around a larger Region and typically have the name "Section" in them. If you set a background color or image to a Region, it will appear behind all Content Areas within that Region.
For example, Section1 in the image below is a region containing the following Content Areas: PageHeader, ContentLeft, ContentRight, ContentMid. The background image set in Section1 spans behind all these areas.
Content Area Properties
You can set individual properties to content areas, such as a background color or image, by clicking in the blue edit icon.
To learn more, please see the below guide:
- Adding a background color
- Adding a background image
- Content Area Properties overview
- Content Area Device Settings
Locking Content Areas
The orange lock symbol will allow you to lock content areas to prevent other admins from editing the area. To learn more about our role-based permission system, please Click Here. Note: If you see the orange lock symbol, it means you can still edit the content area!