A Dropdown (Sub Menu) tab allows you to display multiple pages under a single tab and is a great way to organize your menu.
To create a dropdown, we will need to create two parts: Menu and Sub Menu
- Menu - This will contain all pages that appear within the dropdown tab.
- Sub Menu - This will create a tab that connects to a Menu in order to display them within a dropdown tab in your main navigation bar.
Let's create the above "About" dropdown tab as an example.
- Log in as an admin then navigate to the Pages section
- First, let's create the Menu by clicking on Add Item
- In the window that appears, set the following options:
Type = Select Menu
Display Name = Give the menu a name. For example "About Menu". Note, visitors to your website will not see this menu name.
- Click Create Menu
- Next, let's create the Sub Menu by clicking on Add Item again
- In the window that appears set the following options:
Type = Select Sub Menu (Dropdown)
Menu = Select the Menu you just created above.
Display Name = Give the tab a name. For example "About". Note, visitors do see the name of this tab.
Menu Location = Choose which Menu to place the dropdown tab in. Your main navigation menu, such as "Main Menu", will be the most common option.
- Click Create Sub Menu
- Next, create new Pages or drag existing Pages into your new Menu to populate Pages under the dropdown tab.
Here is an example of the completed Menu and Submenu set up for the "About" dropdown tab shown above.
Menu (Contains the Dropdown pages)
Sub Menu (Dropdown Tab)